Stair GatesWe have a large collection of high-quality, safety and stair gates to fit almost anywhere in the home which have been designed to offer protection and peace of mind. Read More
- How do I use the Safetots Stair Gate finder?
- Which Stair Gate would work for an awkward space?
- How many stair gates do I need and where should I put them?
- What age are baby gates for?
- Which stair gates are the best?
- Why are stair gates important?
- How Can I buy stair gates?
- What is the difference between pressure and screw fit baby gates?
- When to stop using stair gates
- How to fit a stair gate
- Are baby gates safe?
How do I use the Safetots Stair Gate finder?
1. WALL TO WALL - To establish the ‘wall to wall’ measurement, measure from wall to wall where you estimate the top edge of the safety gate to fit. (Standard height gates are approximately 75cm and extra tall gates are 100cm in height. Key in this measurement in centimetres in the ‘wall to wall’ box.
2. FLOOR LEVEL – To establish the ‘floor level’ measurement, measure the estimated floor space, taking into account any skirting boards. It’s important to measure within the skirting boards as this may alter the gate that we recommend for you. Key in this measurement in centimetres in the ‘floor level’ box. If there is no difference between the floor level and the wall-to-wall measurement, there is no need to fill in both.
3. Once you have entered your ‘wall to wall’ measurements and ‘floor level’measurements select the blue 'Go' button. You will now have a list of all suitable and compatible safety gates for your space. Your measurements have now been automatically and accurately calculated.
4. To narrow your search further, select 'TYPE'. Establish the type of safety gate you would prefer and select/click on that option. For example, if you are looking for a pressure fit stair gate, click on ‘pressure fit stair gates’. You will now have a list of pressure fit stair gates (only) that are compatible with the measurements you have already entered. You can select more than one gate type if required.
5. To narrow your search further, select 'COLOUR'. Click on the preferred gate colour or colours. At this point you will have a list of gates in your chosen TYPE and COLOUR that will fit your exact measurements.
6. Continue to follow the process of points 4 and 5 for 'GATE MATERIAL', 'BRAND', and 'GATE FEATURES'.
7. Once you have completed your selections, you will now be left with a list of safety gates compatible with your space in your preferred brand, colour, and style with any particular gate features required.
8. To start the process again, simply click the blue X in the top right corner of the finder, this will take you to a fresh stair gate finder page.
Which Stair Gate would work for an awkward space?
How many stair gates do I need and where should I put them?
What age are baby gates for?
Which stair gates are the best?
Why are stair gates important?
How Can I buy stair gates?
What is the difference between pressure and screw fit baby gates?
When to stop using stair gates
How to fit a stair gate
The method you use to fit your stair gate will depend on what type of baby gate you have.